21 December 2017
Resident recipe – bacon pudding
Les Payne, 88, a resident at Maycroft Manor Care Home in Brighton, remembers eating bacon pudding very fondly. Here he shares his memorable recipe with us.
Serves: 4 Prep: 15 minutes Cooking time: 40–60 minutes
– 8–10 bacon rashers
– 4oz shredded beef suet
– 8oz self-raising flour
1. Mix together the flour and suet, adding water slowly to form a dough.
2. Knead to a firm, pliable dough that is not too soft.
3. Roll out the dough to approximately 0.5cm thick.
4. Lay the bacon onto the dough.
5. Add optional ingredients if required.
6. Roll up the dough onto itself – like a roly-poly.
7. Wrap the dough in parchment paper, then foil, and cook in the oven at 200oC for 40–60 minutes.
Click here to find your nearest Hallmark care home.