19 December 2019
Admiral Court to host a dementia information day
Admiral Court, our care home in Leigh-on-Sea is hosting a dementia information day on Wednesday 29th January from 11:00am – 3:30pm.
Join us for “Grandma Remember Me?” A beautiful theatre show told through a mix of puppetry, drama and storytelling. Written from the perspective of a young child, Lilly, whose Grandma develops Alzheimer’s disease, it explores their changing relationship from Lilly’s initial recognition that there is something wrong with her grandma, through the unfolding challenges and final acceptance and understanding of the disease.
We will also be hosting other presentations after the theatre show that can help loved one’s care for someone on their journey of dementia.
Please see below the full schedule of events.
• 11:00am: Theatre show “Grandma Remember Me?” by Az2b theatre company
• 12:30pm: Join our dementia friendly dining experience for all guests
• 1:30pm: Sarah Savidge, Lifestyle Team Leader and Chef, will host a talk on “good food, good mood” and the importance of food and hydration for your loved one, with tips of how to help people keep well fed and hydrated.
• 2:30pm: David Martins, Admiral Court’s Customer Relationship Manager, will be holding an informative presentation on how to communicate with people who are living with dementia.
• 3:00pm: Take a tour of our newly refurbished facilities so you can see for yourself why we are a care home with a difference.
To confirm your attendance to any of the above sessions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call David on 01702 472288.
Address: Admiral Court Care Home, Manchester Drive, Leigh-On-Sea, Essex, SS9 3HP
Click here to find your nearest Hallmark care home.