Shire Hall Care Home is proud to have been awarded with the ORCHID Award
This shows that the home is meeting all 11 outcomes of the Hallmark Care Homes’ Dementia Strategy. These are:
- Team members are supported to implement the Dementia Strategy
- Team members are supported to achieve the 2020 vision through passionate leadership
- Team members are recruited based on their relationship-centred attributes
- Team members are enabled to transfer learning into relationship-centred dementia care
- Residents living with dementia are supported during periods of transition
- Residents living with dementia feel involved and busy through meaningful activities and lifestyle opportunities
- Residents’ behaviours are recognised by others as a form go communication and are responded to empathetically.
- Residents living with dementia live in an environment that merges the look of a high-quality hotel with a homely feel and compensates for cognitive difficulties
- The experience of meals for residents living with dementia is an engaging and shared one.
- Families and friends of residents living with dementia feel supported and work in partnership with team members
- Residents living with dementia, their families and team members will be supported by ensuring Hallmark care Homes becomes the leader in relationship-centred dementia care
Reserve your place now!
The health and safety of our residents, visitors and team is our highest priority and we have sufficient levels of PPE and robust infection prevention and control measures in place. To find out more about our Covid-19 safety measures please click click here.
Care home in Cardiff Bay
Shire Hall is located just a short walk from Cardiff Bay, with views of the Millennium Stadium, at Shire Hall, our 98-bedroom care home, we provide the highest standards of residential, nursing and dementia care, our compassionate, relationship-centred approach to care is designed to promote active and independent living for all residents.