Greenhill Manor Care Home is proud to have been awarded with the ORCHID Award
This shows that the home is meeting all 11 outcomes of the Hallmark Care Homes’ Dementia Strategy. These are:
- Team members are supported to implement the Dementia Strategy
- Team members are supported to achieve the 2020 vision through passionate leadership
- Team members are recruited based on their relationship-centred attributes
- Team members are enabled to transfer learning into relationship-centred dementia care
- Residents living with dementia are supported during periods of transition
- Residents living with dementia feel involved and busy through meaningful activities and lifestyle opportunities
- Residents’ behaviours are recognised by others as a form go communication and are responded to empathetically.
- Residents living with dementia live in an environment that merges the look of a high-quality hotel with a homely feel and compensates for cognitive difficulties
- The experience of meals for residents living with dementia is an engaging and shared one.
- Families and friends of residents living with dementia feel supported and work in partnership with team members
- Residents living with dementia, their families and team members will be supported by ensuring Hallmark care Homes becomes the leader in relationship-centred dementia care
Care home in Merthyr Tydfil
Greenhill Manor Care Home is a recently refurbished, 120-bedroom care home in Merthyr Tydfil, with a dedicated team providing exceptional standards of nursing and dementia care, and also care for younger people with physical disabilities. We have built strong links with the local community and have become well known for our fundraising efforts and award-winning achievements. We have been nationally recognised for the outstanding care our team delivers and are proud to have won ‘Care Registered Nurse’ at the prestigious National Care Awards and ‘Nurse of the Year’ at the Wales Care Awards. We are proud to have achieved an ORCHID award, showing they we successfully implementing all 11 aspects of the Hallmark Care Homes’ dementia strategy.
Our relationship-centred approach to care recognises the unique needs and expectations of residents and allows us to tailor a care package that ensures their emotional, physical and social well-being. We want residents to carry on living a fulfilling life when staying at our care home in Merthyr Tydfil, and we empower them to continue the everyday routines they have been used to but feared they might have to give up.