Deputy Manager - Regency House
Name of home
Regency House Care Home
Number of hours
40 hours per week
03rd April 2020
Permanent - Full Time
Very Attractive Basic Salary and Excellent Benefits Package Available
Regency House is a recommended purpose-built 73 bedroom care home, which has recently undergone an extensive refurbishment. The home is now able to offer superior, modern facilities in addition to the outstanding level of nursing and residential care that Regency House is renowned
About the role
Working as part of a highly committed team at Hallmark, the Deputy Care Home Manager is one of the key roles within our homes. As Deputy Care Home Manager you will put the residents care and wellbeing at the heart of everything you do. At Hallmark we pride ourselves on the warmth and support we provide to our residents and their families. We promote independence, dignity and quality of life at all times in a person centred caring and supportive environment.
As Deputy Care Home Manager you will be responsible for ensuring that through clinical governance and leadership the care, health and safety of all residents is effectively assessed, planned, implemented and evaluated.
The Deputy Care Home Manager is a motivational and inspirational leader, who has the ability to motivate, engage, and exercise leadership throughout the team with an open communication style. The Deputy Care Home Manager Is able achieve a high standard of clinical care by auditing, analysing trends and directing care team to deliver results.
A key to success in this role is the ability to communicate with ease to the CIW , Social Services and the Safeguarding teams. The ability to implement action plans for improvement and build a reputation of high quality care delivery for the home.
Key things about you;
- Valid RGN or RMN with strong clinical skills and preferably active NMC Pin
- Proven experience of post-qualification Practice in a health and social care setting with older people
- Previous experience of leading a team
- Great written and verbal skills for communication and understanding
- Good IT skills and confidence in computer based work
- What we will give you
We believe that happier Team Members provide a better level of resident care and delivery in their role. You’ll receive regular training and supervision, along with development opportunities across the business.
We continue to reward our Team Members with competitive salaries and a number of benefits including.
- Enthusiastic and motivated colleagues
- 33 days holiday (inc bank holiday)
- Excellent Induction training
- Ongoing career training and progression
- Optional health care plan
- Fantastic discounts and offers on over 450 high street/ online retailers.
- Workplace Pension
- Life Assurance Scheme
If you are interested in joining and contributing to the success of our proud Hallmark Team, please apply below.Apply now