Name of home
Maycroft Manor Care Home
Number of hours
16 hours per week
27th March 2020
Permanent - Part Time
£9.50 per hour
Reporting to the Hospitality Services Manger/Lifestyles, the Gardener is responsible for ensuring maintenance of the garden and grounds to high standard.
The Gardener will ensure that the full extent of the grounds and gardens is a high quality amenity for residents, their relatives and our team.
JOB SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
- To maintain the grounds and gardens as a safe environment through regular maintenance, removal of slip and trip hazards and seasonal gritting.
- The care of the lawns and planted areas (feeding, spiking, weeding, treating, re-seeding) combined with the regular mowing, trimming of lawn edges and watering.
- The care, maintenance and safe keeping of all garden tools and equipment.
- The periodic inspection of all trees, keeping records of observations and proactively progressing, through the Home Manager, any safety measures that may be necessary.
- To work within a budget provided by the Home Manager, obtaining approval form the Home Manager for all expenditure.
- Care of the shrubs; pruning, shaping, feeding, replacing where/when necessary.
- To produce, agree and periodically review with the Home Manager a work plan for the garden.
- To organise the collection of garden waste from around the site and its removal from site.
- To assist with preparation for events that makes use of the grounds and gardens.
- The cost effective stocking and maintenance of the borders and flower beds, window boxes, hanging baskets, patio plants and indoor plants to include weeding, replanting and regular watering.
- To keep clear the driveways, paths, parking areas and verandas.
- To undertake any other duties as may be reasonably requested in order to maintain the smooth running of the Home, including carrying out basic maintenance tasks if required.
- To attend supervision, staff meetings, appraisals and maintain confidentiality of any matters relating to residents, staff and visitors.
- To comply with regulations regarding Health & Safety Policy and procedures and to be aware of safety hazards within the Home adhering to any risk assessments, safe systems of work, manual handling and lifting procedures.
- To comply with COSHH Regulations to ensure correct storage, use and control of hazardous substances.
- To engage the residents to enable then to participate in the gardening activity, with planting and growing vegetates etc.
- To ensure that the garden also has an area for sensory development for the residents.
Health and Safety
- Attend and complete all training and qualifications (statutory, mandatory and developmental)
- Ensure equipment and environment is safe within the home
- You will be required for this role to potentially lift heavy objects
JOB DESCRIPTION RECORD
This job description reflects the current main organisational priorities for the position and does not represent a legal or binding agreement on job title, duties or roles and responsibilities. These priorities may develop and change in consultation with the post holder in line with needs and priorities of the business. The job description