Name of home
Hutton Care Home
Number of hours
17th August 2020
Permanent - Full Time
Hallmark Care Homes is a family-run provider of care homes across the UK, we understand the importance of nurturing relationships and so all of our care is centred around family values. We have 20 care homes across the country, filled with innovative facilities and supported by a dedicated care team for a comfortable stay alongside the highest quality care available.
Reporting to the Hospitality Service Manager, the Head Chef is responsible for ensuring high quality of food service and meal preparation within the home.
The Head Chef will lead and manage the catering team working closely with the other service teams ensuring the highest service standards are achieved.
- Support the Hospitality Services Manager in the recruitment, induction and training of the catering team.
- Support with the management of team rotas and ensure the correct team levels are on shift at any time.
- Ensure the food levels are correct and in line with budgets, and manage the stock control of crockery, cutlery and glassware.
- Ensure the catering services and dining experience is of the highest standard by promoting choice and dignity to the residents’ dietary needs.
- Adhere to all Health and Safety regulations by monitoring hygiene standards and equipment safety checks.
You will be:
- Outstanding. We are rated by residents, relatives and our communities so highly because of our team.
- Ethical. We do things the right way, and live by our Charter.
- Qualified with an NVQ Level 3 in Food Hygiene.
- Experienced in a kitchen environment, with 2 years’ experience with managing finances and budgeting.
You can expect:
- To work with a company that is values driven and sees people as our greatest asset.
- Industry leading training and development coupled with excellent career progression.
- Excellent benefits, including pension, life assurance, and optional healthcare as standard.
- Use of our rewards and discount scheme – Hallmark Rewards.
- Work - Life balance.
To apply for the opportunity, please send your CV to us today.