Volunteer - Reading Group/Poetry
Name of home
zzDo not use
Number of hours
Time commitments will be discussed and agreed; a r
Why we need you?
We provide a full activities programme for our residents and we are looking for volunteers to help facilitate reading groups and poetry appreciation sessions for our residents to enjoy.
What skills do you need?
- A positive enthusiastic person who has a passion for literature, books and poetry
- Able to set up a book club/reading activities to engage our residents
- A caring and compassionate nature that is adaptable to individual needs
- A friendly, sociable, patient and caring manner
- Good verbal communication and listening skills
- Able to emphasise and build relationships with residents and visitors
- Offer wider social contact for our residents
What will you be doing?
- To promote and facilitate regular reading sessions
- Encourage residents to produce shorts stories and poetry
- To read stories and poetry in an engaging way and support residents to read and share their opinions about the books/poetry
- Invite guest speakers to the group
- To set up and tidy reading area
Time commitments will be discussed and agreed; a regular time commitment is preferred. Volunteers must be 16 years old and over and need to apply for a DBS disclosure
What benefits do you gain?
- Opportunity to share your passion for books and poetry
- To build self confidence and see others’ appreciation of the sessions
- Motivation and self achievement boost your career options
- Participation in our training and development programme
- New experience and meeting a diverse range of people
- Free DBS Disclosure
- Enriching our residents’ day to day experiences
- Making a difference in your local community
- Increase your circle of friends
We provide reasonable travel expenses, a light lunch and polo shirts
Please pop into to meet the team at:
Cartref Annwyl-Fan Care Home
Woodlands Park, Colonel Road, Betws, Ammanford SA18 2HW
Alternatively you can:
Apply on line www.hallmarkcarehomes.co.uk/join-our-team
Telephone 01277 655655 to request a volunteer application form or e-mail email@example.com