Volunteer Role – Gardener
Name of home
Greenhill Manor Care Home
Time commitments will be discussed and agreed; a regular time commitment is preferred.
Why we need you?
We provide a full activities programme for our residents and we are looking for volunteers to help facilitate reading groups and poetry appreciation sessions for our residents to enjoy.
What skills do you need?
- A positive enthusiastic person who has a passion for gardening
- Able to offer and implement new ideas for gardening activities to engage our residents
- A caring and compassionate nature that is adaptable to individual needs
- A friendly, sociable, patient and caring manner
- Good verbal communication and listening skills
- Able to emphasise and build relationships with residents and visitors
- Offer wider social contact for our residents
- To team up with our Gardener to maintain the gardens at our care home including weeding and preparing for, planting, maintenance plus safe use of tools and equipment and providing guidance to our residents
- Work is of a practical hands-on nature running a range of garden projects, including seasonal planting and future development of the gardens
- Prepare gardens for Hallmark's annual competition 'Hallmark in Bloom'
Time commitments will be discussed and agreed; a regular time commitment is preferred. Volunteers must be 16 years old and over and need to apply for a DBS disclosure
What benefits do you gain?
- Opportunity to share your passion for books and poetry
- To build self confidence and see others’ appreciation of the sessions
- Motivation and self achievement boost your career options
- Participation in our training and development programme
- New experience and meeting a diverse range of people
- Free DBS Disclosure
- Enriching our residents’ day to day experiences
- Making a difference in your local community
- Increase your circle of friends
We provide reasonable travel expenses, a light lunch and polo shirts
Please pop into to meet the team at:
Cartref Annwyl-Fan Care Home
Woodlands Park, Colonel Road, Betws, Ammanford SA18 2HW
Alternatively you can:
Apply on line www.hallmarkcarehomes.co.uk/join-our-team
Telephone 01277 655655 to request a volunteer application form or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.orgApply now