Volunteer - Gentleman's Club
Name of home
Shire Hall Care Home
Time commitments will be discussed and agreed; a regular time commitment is preferred.
Why we need you?
We have a busy Activities Programme to both engage and stimulate our elderly residents. Our male residents are looking to form a group to meet on a regular basis to discuss newspapers, arts and politics over refreshments. They also enjoy participating in board games, a game of cards and quizzes and we are seeking volunteers with a passion for trivia and exercising the mind.
What skills do you need?
- Able to organise and facilitate a small group
- A caring and compassionate nature that is adaptable to individual needs
- Good verbal communication and listening skills
- Able to emphasise and build relationships with residents
- To offer wider social contact for our residents
What will you be doing?
Arranging a regular Gentlemen’s Club for our residents to attend and participate
Offer regular games or quiz session at the home
You will spend time with our residents and engage in activities that are mutually agreed
What support will we give you?
We will provide all training you need to feel confident in the role. The team will be available to give guidance and advice to you
What benefits do you gain?
- Sharing your skills and knowledge
- Opportunity to build self confidence
- Motivation and self achievement boost your career options
- Participation in our training and development programme
- New experience and meeting a diverse range of people
- Free DBS Disclosure
- Enriching our residents’ day to day experiences
- Making a difference in your local community
- Increase your circle of friends
We provide polo shirts, a light lunch and will pay reasonable travel expenses