Retirement Village General Manager
Name of home
Hutton Care Home
Number of hours
30th October 2019
Permanent - Full Time
Hutton View (Hutton, Essex) is Hallmark’s first dual purpose Luxury Retirement Village development and separate Care Home built across a single 3.3-acre site scheduled to open early 2020. The magnificent spacious complex will comprise of 55 Assisted Living 1- and 2-bedroom apartments with fully fitted kitchen and bathroom. Communal areas inside the building include a fully staffed café/bistro, bar, library and wellness centre with bespoke gym equipment to enable residents to exercise at their own leisure.
The state of the art separate Residential and Dementia Care Home has been carefully designed to comprise of 77 beds, each with en-suite wet rooms and some with own patio areas directly leading onto beautiful landscaped gardens. Additional facilities will include a café, cinema, hairdressers and therapy room.
About the role
The Retirement Village General Manager is responsible for management of their operation, all measured through key performance indicators such as sales leadership, financial management, customer and team engagement, recruitment and through regulatory CQC compliance.
The Retirement Village General Manager will lead our Village and Care Home team in delivering a warm, friendly, exceptional service. Day to day you will manage the complete service operation achieving financial targets as per the annual budget and be responsible for controlling expenditure, Team recruitment, training, supervisions, appraisals development, retention and planning rota’s ensuring residents receive an outstanding personalised service.
You will ensure your team adhere to legislative requirements such as COSHH, Fire Safety, Food safety, Health & Safety, and Safeguarding. The Retirement Village General Manager will act as the first point of contact for village and Care Home enquiries, manage the monthly accounts process, promote effective communication between all departments , maintain a visible and high profile presence within the village and promote Sales and Marketing opportunities through various planned initiatives within the local community which will include actively participating and supporting in network events.
This role offers a great opportunity for a hospitality focused individual who is passionate about delivery of person centered service, to be an integral part of a growing business, and to earn reward and recognition of this high profile forthcoming retirement village.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Operations Management experience in a 4* or higher hospitality environment
- Ideally exposure of working as a Registered Manager in a similar position / or commissioning a new Retirement Village
- Educated to Degree Level
- Proven management experience at a similar level
- Established leadership skills to manage large teams
- Effective multi-tasking and prioritisation
- Strong commercial business acumnen with P+L Accountability and Sales and Marketing expertise
- Ideally Knowledge of CQC requirements
- Computer literate including Microsoft Office
- Committed to delivering customer service excellence
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- Excellent organisation skills with the ability to prioritise and produce creative solutions
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
What we will give you
We believe that happier Team Members provide a better level of resident care and delivery in their role. You’ll receive regular training and supervision, along with development opportunities across the business.
We continue to reward our Team Members with competitive salaries and a number of benefits including.
- 33 days holiday including bank holidays.
- Optional health care plan
- Private medical insurance
- Workplace Pension
- Retail Discounts at over 450 high street and online retailers.
- Ongoing career training and development
If this sounds like a job for you, and you want to join family 'Team Hallmark' Care Homes, please click the 'apply now' button below