24 September 2020
Resident recipe – cheese and potato pie
Rose Dickerson, resident at Arlington Manor Care Home, has shared her warming recipe for cheese and potato pie.
- Maris Piper potatoes
- Grated cheese of your choice
- Butter, as much as preferred for mashed potatoes
- Optional sliced tomatoes to decorate the top
- Optional half or a small onion
- Put the oven on to 180oc
- Peel and slice potatoes enough for two layers of mashed potato
- Put in a saucepan of cold water
- Bring to the boil and then boil until soft (I put a knife into the potatoes to see if they are cooked but don’t let the potatoes over cook.
- Grease an ovenproof dish of your choice
- Drain the potatoes and mash them with butter
- Then put the lid on to keep them hot
- Optional step: slice and fry your onion
- Slice a tomato as decoration for the top of the pie
- In the greased dish put in a layer of cheese then put on top a layer of potato then another layer of cheese and keep layering until you have used all the potatoes and cheese
- Put the sliced tomato on the top
- Put it carefully in the oven
- Cook for about 20 – 30 minutes depending on your oven until brown on the top
Serve as a meal or to accompany a main meal.
Click here to find your nearest Hallmark care home.