Admiral Court Care Home is proud to have been awarded with the ORCHID Award
This shows that the home is meeting all 11 outcomes of the Hallmark Care Homes’ Dementia Strategy. These are:
- Team members are supported to implement the Dementia Strategy
- Team members are supported to achieve the 2020 vision through passionate leadership
- Team members are recruited based on their relationship-centred attributes
- Team members are enabled to transfer learning into relationship-centred dementia care
- Residents living with dementia are supported during periods of transition
- Residents living with dementia feel involved and busy through meaningful activities and lifestyle opportunities
- Residents’ behaviours are recognised by others as a form go communication and are responded to empathetically.
- Residents living with dementia live in an environment that merges the look of a high-quality hotel with a homely feel and compensates for cognitive difficulties
- The experience of meals for residents living with dementia is an engaging and shared one.
- Families and friends of residents living with dementia feel supported and work in partnership with team members
- Residents living with dementia, their families and team members will be supported by ensuring Hallmark care Homes becomes the leader in relationship-centred dementia care
Care home in Leigh-on-Sea
If you’re looking for care homes in Leigh-on-Sea, Admiral Court Care Home is the perfect choice for you. Admiral Court Care Home is a modern, 60-bedroom care home located between Leigh-on-Sea and Southend-on-Sea. We provide industry leading residential, nursing and dementia care in quiet and comfortable surroundings that have been recognised nationally for their design innovations and are proud to have achieved an ORCHID award, showing we are successfully implementing all 11 aspects of the Hallmark Care Homes’ dementia strategy. We operate a high team member to resident ratio, which affords every resident the opportunity to have care provided at their pace, while our Lifestyle and Activities Team ensure that the needs of each individual resident are met. Activities range from the energetic and popular Zumba sessions, to the more relaxed arts and crafts and gardening clubs.
At our care home in Leigh-on-Sea, residents are supported to live an active and fulfilled life. Our relationship-centred care enables residents to keep on doing the things they’ve always loved – the things they perhaps thought they could no longer enjoy. So as part of our community, they’ll be able to cook, help out in the garden and carry on with the kind of everyday routines which make their lives theirs.