Kew House Care Home is proud to have been awarded with the ORCHID Award
This shows that the home is meeting all 11 outcomes of the Hallmark Care Homes’ Dementia Strategy. These are:
- Team members are supported to implement the Dementia Strategy
- Team members are supported to achieve the 2020 vision through passionate leadership
- Team members are recruited based on their relationship-centred attributes
- Team members are enabled to transfer learning into relationship-centred dementia care
- Residents living with dementia are supported during periods of transition
- Residents living with dementia feel involved and busy through meaningful activities and lifestyle opportunities
- Residents’ behaviours are recognised by others as a form go communication and are responded to empathetically.
- Residents living with dementia live in an environment that merges the look of a high-quality hotel with a homely feel and compensates for cognitive difficulties
- The experience of meals for residents living with dementia is an engaging and shared one.
- Families and friends of residents living with dementia feel supported and work in partnership with team members
- Residents living with dementia, their families and team members will be supported by ensuring Hallmark care Homes becomes the leader in relationship-centred dementia care
Is your loved one on their own during this difficult time?
Find out more about how we can support them today.
Outstanding care home in London
If you’re looking for care homes in London, we believe that the ‘Outstanding’ Kew House is the ideal choice for you. Kew House is a beautiful, purpose-built, 81-bedroom care home in Wimbledon offering high standards of residential, nursing and dementia care. Kew House is proud to have achieved an ORCHID award, showing they are successfully implementing all 11 aspects of the Hallmark Care Homes’ dementia strategy.
Find out more about what makes Kew House Care Home ‘Outstanding’ here.