Ty Enfys Care Home is proud to have been awarded with the ORCHID Award
This shows that the home is meeting all 11 outcomes of the Hallmark Care Homes’ Dementia Strategy. These are:
- Team members are supported to implement the Dementia Strategy
- Team members are supported to achieve the 2020 vision through passionate leadership
- Team members are recruited based on their relationship-centred attributes
- Team members are enabled to transfer learning into relationship-centred dementia care
- Residents living with dementia are supported during periods of transition
- Residents living with dementia feel involved and busy through meaningful activities and lifestyle opportunities
- Residents’ behaviours are recognised by others as a form go communication and are responded to empathetically.
- Residents living with dementia live in an environment that merges the look of a high-quality hotel with a homely feel and compensates for cognitive difficulties
- The experience of meals for residents living with dementia is an engaging and shared one.
- Families and friends of residents living with dementia feel supported and work in partnership with team members
- Residents living with dementia, their families and team members will be supported by ensuring Hallmark care Homes becomes the leader in relationship-centred dementia care
Care home in Pentwyn
Ty Enfys is a leading, purpose-built 100-bedroom care home in Pentwyn on the outskirts of Cardiff, providing residential care, nursing care and dementia care. We are proud to be able to offer award-winning design initiatives in a beautiful and homely environment at Ty Enfys Care Home along with achieving an ORCHID award, showing we are successfully implementing all 11 aspects of the Hallmark Care Homes’ dementia strategy.
We enable residents to carry on living a fulfilled life and support them to continue the daily routines and hobbies they have always done, including trips out with the support of the Oomph! minibus. Our relationship-centred approach, which recognises the unique needs and expectations of each resident, allows us to tailor a care package that ensures we meet the emotional, physical and social well-being of each individual.