Bucklesham Grange Care Home is proud to have been awarded with the ORCHID Award
This shows that the home is meeting all 11 outcomes of the Hallmark Care Homes’ Dementia Strategy. These are:
- Team members are supported to implement the Dementia Strategy
- Team members are supported to achieve the 2020 vision through passionate leadership
- Team members are recruited based on their relationship-centred attributes
- Team members are enabled to transfer learning into relationship-centred dementia care
- Residents living with dementia are supported during periods of transition
- Residents living with dementia feel involved and busy through meaningful activities and lifestyle opportunities
- Residents’ behaviours are recognised by others as a form go communication and are responded to empathetically.
- Residents living with dementia live in an environment that merges the look of a high-quality hotel with a homely feel and compensates for cognitive difficulties
- The experience of meals for residents living with dementia is an engaging and shared one.
- Families and friends of residents living with dementia feel supported and work in partnership with team members
- Residents living with dementia, their families and team members will be supported by ensuring Hallmark care Homes becomes the leader in relationship-centred dementia care
Welcoming visitors and new residents now
Care home in Suffolk
Bucklesham Grange is our multi-award-winning care home in Suffolk, which provides residential care and dementia care in Ipswich and is proud to have also recently received an accreditation in end of life care. The home is set in a beautiful location, surrounded by tranquil countryside. We provide flexible care to a high standard at our 55-bedroom care home in Suffolk – so if the needs of your loved one change, they are unlikely to have to move home.
Bucklesham Grange is the first residential care home in the Hallmark family to have achieved an ORCHID award, showing they are successfully implementing all 11 aspects of the Hallmark Care Homes’ dementia strategy and we have recently been recognised at the Great British Care Awards for our lifestyles programme.
Residents here at Bucklesham Grange Care Home in Suffolk are supported to live an active and fulfilled life. Our relationship-centred care enables residents to keep on doing the things they’ve always loved – the things they perhaps thought they could no longer enjoy. So as part of our community in Ipswich, they’ll be able to cook, help out in the garden and carry on with the kind of everyday routines which make their lives theirs.